What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is a program that allows patients and doctors to connect electronically and engage in a digital healthcare visit. An iPhone, Android phone, a desktop computer, tablet, or laptop can all access Telehealth. A camera and microphone are required for computer access. Telehealth is increasingly becoming a popular solution for patients to receive care with no contact. Initially, Telehealth was designed to reach people living in remote areas. Now it is a convenient option to provide medical care and advice without exposing patients to the risk of viral spread.
Benefits of Telehealth
The option to use Telehealth has a number of benefits for the patient.
- This software application saves time for patients and physicians. Patients do not have to travel to our dermatology office to meet with their doctor. Instead they can experience all the care of a visit from their own home for certain conditions. This saves time, reduces travel and traffic, and eliminates the risk of coming in contact with Covid-19. It is estimated that the time for a traditional visit including transportation required 120 minutes, compared to 16 minutes using Telehealth.
- Patients experience elevated engagement using remote monitoring. Doctors or their designated staff can check in on patients regularly to monitor progress in treatment and care at home.
- Some patients will be able to receive dermatological care who previously did not have access. Some patients in remote areas are not able to drive to visit their dermatologist. Other patients have issues with transportation or have time constraints that preclude them from visiting a dermatologist.
- Patients show up to Telehealth appointments more frequently. Because travel times and traffic delays are eliminated, patients are able to keep their Telehealth appointments more often, when they may have had to cancel a traditional visit, due to a conflict.
Skin Conditions Treated
The dermatologists at Suncoast Skin Solutions use Telehealth for visits related to the following skin conditions:
- Spot check evaluation for possible biopsy – no TBC
- Rash eval and follow up
- Wound check without suture removal
- Bx proven rechecks (patient needs ruler)
- PDT/5FU follow up or reactions
- Mohs surgery consults for skin cancer treatment
- Hair Loss
- Impetigo/skin infections
- Molluscum/warts-can evaluate and treat with prescription topical
- Sunburns and minor burns
Skin Care Appointments
Telehealth allows patients to consult with dermatologists from their own homes. It is a viable solution to avoiding exposure to Covid-19 while still receiving needed healthcare.
To set up a Telehealth appointment to see a dermatologist in Florida, call 844-786-3376. Suncoast Skin Solutions is Florida’s “Most Trusted” Dermatology. Each of our locations has a dermatologist on site to evaluate psoriasis and offer treatment options.
[maxbutton id=”3″ url=”https://suncoastskin.com/appointment-request/” text=”Request an appointment” ]