Rosacea in Florida
The board-certified professionals at Suncoast Skin Solutions have been dedicated to providing patients with comprehensive surgical, medical, and cosmetic dermatological care. Our cutting-edge surgical and non-surgical approaches to medical and cosmetic dermatology provide our patients with natural-looking results that require minimal downtime and recovery.
What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that causes the appearance of small, red bumps and red blotches along the skin during flare-ups. Affecting more than 16 million Americans each year, rosacea can also cause acne, burning or itching skin, redness and flushing, dry or rough scaly patches, thickening of the skin, visibly broken blood vessels, and more. Rosacea is typically classified into four different categories, including:
- Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea (ETR): This mild form of rosacea is typically associated with redness, flushing, and visibly broken blood vessels along the mid-face including the cheeks and bridge of the nose.
- Papulopustular (or acne) Rosacea: This slightly more severe form of rosacea is typically characterized by acne-like breakouts and most commonly affects women in their forties or fifties.
- Rhinophyma: This form of rosacea is rare and is typically characterized by the thickening of the skin on the nose, chin, cheeks, and forehead. Rhinophyma most commonly affects men and is often accompanied by another type of rosacea.
- Ocular Rosacea: This type of rosacea is most frequently centered on the eye area.
How Much Do Treatments for Rosacea Cost?
The cost of your rosacea treatments at Suncoast Skin Solutions is going to vary depending on the type of treatment you choose to receive, the extent of treatment needed to achieve your desired results, and your health insurance coverage. To find out a more accurate cost for your rosacea treatments, we encourage you to come in for a private consultation with one of our expert staff members.
What Causes Rosacea?
Unfortunately, researchers and medical professionals are still unsure what the main cause for rosacea is. That being said, there are several common associations between patients with rosacea. Risk factors for rosacea may include an age range of 30 to 50, having a light skin tone and light features, and other genetic factors. If you find that you are suffering from the effects of rosacea and are looking for treatment, we encourage you to come in to see one of our board-certified dermatologists at your earliest convenience.
What Treatments are Available for Rosacea?
The board-certified dermatologists and medical professionals at Suncoast Skin Solutions are proud to offer the following treatments for rosacea:
- Medical-grade skincare products
- Topical prescription medications
- Laser skin resurfacing